Dot3D is an Adobe AIR application that lets you view a 16x16 pixel picture in 3D.
You can freely draw, rotate the picture on the canvas, and save it to your desktop as an image file in PNG format.
You can also put an external image file (JPG, PNG, GIF, BMP, and ICO format) onto the canvas. Dot3D will automatically draw it.
- 1.14 - The latest picture on the canvas can be temporally retained by pushing the "Save" button. (Oct 04, 2008)
- 1.12 - Bug fix as for that an external image file is not rendered on Windows machines. (Oct 01, 2008)
- 1.10 - Add a drag-and-drop implementaion. You can put an external image file on the canvas to draw. (Sep 30, 2008)
- 1.04 - Minor revision. (Sep 26, 2008)
- 1.00 - Initial release. (Sep 24, 2008)
System requiremens for the application
- Mac OSX - Mac OS X 10.4.9, or later
- Windows - Windows 2000, XP, Vista
Install it automatically using the button below.
If you can not install it automatically, try to manually install it from here.
(You will probably need to install the Adobe AIR Runtime.)
How to use
- Run Dot3D.
- Choose a color from the color-picker on the top, and drag-and-draw.
- Push the "Rotate" button to drag-and-rotate the canvas.
- Push the "Save" button to save the image onto the desktop in PNG format.
- If the checkbox on the bottom is checked, the image background is transparent.
- Pushing the "Clear" button completely erases the canvas, so be careful.
- Pushing the "Reset" button returns the canvas to its initial position (i.e., unrotated.)
- You can also put an external image file onto the canvas (JPG, PNG, GIF, BMP, and ICO format). Dot3D will automatically draw it.
- The latest picture on the canvas can be retained by pushing the "Save" button until the next application run.
Note that the retained data is temporal and overwritten each time when you push the "Save" button.
- You can periodically check for a newer version of the application using the "Update" button.
If a newer version is available, the application will let you know.
Just follow the instructions to update (everything will go automatically.)
- "Draw" and "Rotate" button toggles each other.
You have to activate "Draw" when drawing and "Rotate" when rotating.
info [AT] boreal-kiss [DOT] com
Powered by blog Boreal Kiss 2008.